Friday, July 11, 2008

My poor Burrow (blog)

Thankfully, it's my Burrow Blog that's been neglected, and not the Burrow itself.

I painted my bedroom and bathroom, rearranged my bedroom, put desk shelves up, put up my bedroom curtains, put my entertainment center shelves up, had my front room wired for a ceiling fan and had the ceiling fan installed, put metal pegboard up in my kitchen for pots and pans, and put up a rack for my cutting boards. I donated the black utility shelves in my bedroom and front room. Piece by piece, it continues to come together. I'm ecstatic to have found a reliable electrician who I can call on for future projects.

Now, the focus turns to birthday plans--how to best arrange front room furniture to accommodate for my potluck party, as well as what part of the menu I'll provide. I'm drifiting toward setting up stations throughout my house--savory foods in the front room, drinks in the kitchen, and maybe desserts in my bedroom? I want to see if there's any way to make my bedroom less bedroomy so people aren't freaked out by the idea of actually using that room. Last year, everyone squeezed into the front room. They said they wanted to be in the same room that I was in, so I was glad that people wandered in and out of the party between 2 and 10, but this time, it's all a dinner engagement. Last year, I had almost 40 people show up. This year, so far, I've only had 17 confirmations, and a lot of people will be out of town or otherwise busy.

I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out! Either way, I'm excited! T-minus 9 days!

I'll either update this post with photos later or make a new photo post.

No comments: